Facebook to induct auto-playable video ads enabling brands to showcase stories with more effective approach in the form of auto-playable videos ads directly in the user news feed. Many marketers would have worried about the engagement prospect of the video ads but the new feature will ensure maximum video views and engagement as it will start to play its self as soon its going to appear in the user news feed. The new feature will roll out gradually and currently being in a testing mode on both mobile and desktop.
Earlier this month, Facebook tweaks news feed algorithm to Hit on Low-quality content & Meme Photos making it a bit difficult for the marketers to coup with sudden decrease in a organic reach & asking marketers to adapt paid methods in order to reach out their fan base. Now with introducing auto-playable video ads, its also seems like another major step towards improving Facebook ads platform to encourage marketers to spend more on the sponsored stories. Although video ads feature is not new as it was introduced earlier this year but the new auto-play feature might develop some interest for advertisers to promote their brand stories via using this newly added auto-play feature.
Facebook announcement explains how it will work:
- Rather than having to click or tap to play, videos will begin to play as they appear onscreen – without sound – similar to how they behave when shared by friends or verified Pages. If you don’t want to watch the video, you can simply scroll or swipe past it.
- If the video is clicked or tapped and played in full screen, the sound for that video will play as well.
- At the end of the video a carousel of two additional videos will appear, making it easy to continue to discover content from the same marketers.
- On mobile devices, all videos that begin playing as they appear on the screen will have been downloaded in advance when the device was connected to WiFi – meaning this content will not consume data plans, even if you’re not connected to WiFi at the time of playback.
It is further explained below:
The videos will play themselves once they appear in the user news feed but with no sound, users will have to tap on the screen to increase sound of the video. The only way to by pass auto-play video ads is to scroll down further and videos will be stopped playing. As relevancy is the key, Facebook also indicates to promote more relevant video ads once the video ends.
According to Facebook it has seen great engagement for auto-play videos in terms of likes, comments & shares since this feature has been initially started in September. So like Instagram made it mandatory for its users, Facebook also now enforcing auto playing videos in the user news feed which is being currently in the experiment mode. Facebook is already doing great in the market in terms of revenue but from the marketer’s perspective its increasingly getting more difficult to survive without trying out Facebook ad platform as it continues to improve the quality as well as placing limits on the opportunities for organic promotions.
Do you think you would like to see auto playable video ads in your news feeds? What’s your take on this latest development? Kindly let me know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Umair Qureshi (see all)
- My 3 steps guide on Content Creation Process - February 17, 2016
- SEO Updates: Google Search Algorithm Changes, Then & Now! [Infographic] - January 28, 2016
- PART TWO: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 26, 2015
- A COMPLETE guide to Story Writing: How to attract customers in your niche? - October 25, 2015
- PART ONE: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 9, 2015