Facebook yet again comes up with a boosting change that will certainly help businesses and websites who relied on Facebook for long to get maximum referral visits.
Facebook has increased the image size for link share ads and organic posts, stepping up a challenge for marketers to take a more visual approach. Now when a page or a person post a link, the image size of the post gets 2-3 times higher than its compare to the older image size. New thumbnail image size is much more prominent & the ideal image size should be at least 560×292 pixels to appear properly in the desktop news feeds.
Its a big news for bloggers and Facebook marketers who are looking to drive referral traffic from Facebook as with better visibility of the link post you may expect more clicks. The big size of the image attracts clicks due to its clear visibility in the news feed, When a user clicks on either a image or a text on your link post it will lead them to the page’s website. This will naturally increase high click-through and might increase more audience reach for a page’s website through link post feature.
Recently, I have been using links in statuses to promote my content as statuses because of their higher reach compare to the link posts. But with the recent change I am definitely going to switch back to the Link Posting method so I can get more visits to my websites. 😀
New Image Sizes (Old/New)
What about you? Have you tried this updated feature yet?
let me know in comments…
Latest posts by Umair Qureshi (see all)
- My 3 steps guide on Content Creation Process - February 17, 2016
- SEO Updates: Google Search Algorithm Changes, Then & Now! [Infographic] - January 28, 2016
- PART TWO: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 26, 2015
- A COMPLETE guide to Story Writing: How to attract customers in your niche? - October 25, 2015
- PART ONE: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 9, 2015