Don’t remember your long Google+ URL? Google+ has finally come up with the best possible solution for long profile URLs. Today they have made an important announcement that allow users to create custom URLs for profiles/brand pages and may customize according to their needs. Its initially might not be available to everyone but the official announcement has said it is going to be slowly expand to all users profiles and brand pages.
There is an eligibility criteria to claim it, announced on a post here which says:
“If your profile meets the following criteria, you’ll now be able to claim a custom URL:
– Has a profile photo, and
– Has at least 10 followers, and
– Has an account that’s at least 30 days old
Meanwhile, any brand or business that has a linked website or is a verified local business can claim a custom URL for their Google+ page. Link and verification info is available in the Google+ Help Center: http://goo.gl/RMpxP.”
Anyone who meets the above criteria can easily claim his/her personalise URLs by going to profile/pages and may begin with the claiming process. It will be rolling out to everyone gradually if you don’t see the claim process as yet on your profile then wait for its availability.
Custom URLs are must for branding purpose and claiming your personal or business identity is so much important as it allows your followers to easily share and remember by your name.
Get start with your custom URLs here.
Latest posts by Umair Qureshi (see all)
- My 3 steps guide on Content Creation Process - February 17, 2016
- SEO Updates: Google Search Algorithm Changes, Then & Now! [Infographic] - January 28, 2016
- PART TWO: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 26, 2015
- A COMPLETE guide to Story Writing: How to attract customers in your niche? - October 25, 2015
- PART ONE: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 9, 2015