The biggest fear of SEO industry is how to keep up with all the latest SEO algorithm changes over the years and how to shape up their search engine optimization strategy according to those changes. In this post, we will try to catch up how all these SEO updates have changed the SEO of today compared to whats been done and had been considered useful over the years.
Below are links to some of the most important SEO updates rolled in over the past few years:
- Google Hummingbird
- Google Mobile Friendly Update
- Google Panda Update
- Google Penguin Update
- Google Pigeon Update
- Google Payday Update
- Google Pirate Update
- Google EMD (Exact Match Domain) Update
- Google Top Heavy Update
Some more SEO updates and algorithm change news:
Google Updates & Penguin:
- Was There A Google Update Yesterday: I’m Not Too Sure.
- Small Google Update Yesterday? Webmasters Reporting Positive Traffic Signals.
- Potential Google Search Update On December 16th
- Google Search Ranking Update Continue : December 10th Update
- Google: Confident Google Penguin 4.0 Is Good Enough For A January Release
- Google: Still No Release Date For Penguin 4.0
- Google Not Launching Penguin 4.0 This Year; 14+ Months Since Refresh
- Google Indexing HTTPS By Default
- Google: You Can Expedite Processing Of Your New Robots.txt File
- Google: There May Be An Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Ranking Boost
- John Mueller: Fetch As Google Renders AngularJS But Cache Doesn’t Currently
- Google: Links Activated By On Hover Action Are Invisible To GoogleBot
- Google: You Can Remove Mass Links From Your Disavow File
- Google: You Can Cloak Your XML Sitemap Files
- GoogleBot Treats 307 Redirects As 301s?
- Google: Capital Letters In URLs Doesn’t Impact Rankings
- Google Pilots Schema To Update Your Local Business Knowledge Graph Data
- Google My Business API Has Launched
- Google Updates Rich Snippets For Articles Documentation For AMP
- Google: Self-Signed SSL Certificate Won’t Work For HTTPS Ranking Boost
- Google: Decimal Points In URLs Are A Bad Idea
- Updated Search Engine Roundtable App & App Indexing Stats
- SEO Tips For 2016 By Google’s John Mueller
- Google Updated Their App Indexing Documentation
- Google: No Technical Advantage To Splitting Up Sitemaps But Useful For Debugging
- Google Rich Snippets For Articles Now Requires Author Name
- Google: Avoid Using Special Characters In URLs
- Google: Remove A 301 Redirect? You Need Patience & Convincing…
- Large Influx This Week Of Google Manual Actions?
- New Google Reconsideration Requests Language More Confusing?
- Google Traffic Soars After SEO Drops Links From Disavow File
- Matt Cutts Shares His Raw Notes On The Google PageRank
Google Search Console:
- Google: We Are Logging Data Differently & It May Impact Search Analytics Reports
- New Google Search Appearance Filter In Search Analytics Report For App Install Buttons
- Google: We Don’t Forward Retroactively Your Reconsideration Requests
- Google Search Console Now Showing AMP Related Errors
- Almost Real-Time Google Featured Snippets
- Google.com/ncr (No Country Redirect) Not Working For Some
- Google: Google.com/ncr (No Country Redirect) Should Work Again In Future
- Google Localizing Desktop Search Based On Your Phone’s Location History
- Google Officially Replaces “Web” Results With “All Results” In Search
Our friends at MWI have come up with an interesting infographic, The Old Days of Google vs the New which highlights how it all started and where does it currently stands.