Social media has dramatically changed our world in the last few years. Social media gives everybody the chance to be aware of what is going on around, to give your opinion about the main issues you are interested in, to interact with people, companies and organizations being sure that you will be heard. Nothing is like before, I believe in the power of communication to increase culture, democracy, freedom. Social media contributes definitely to all of these:
But to realise how much importance social media has now become in our daily routines & lives, I have arranged some funny but true facts for my readers so we all could understand what impact it would make if social media stopped existing altogether?
- Well, some of us may need to find a new job. Lol
- We might have to Sharpen our pencils and start licking stamps..
- We may feel Stress, lonely, cut out of world..
- We would lose almost all of my photos..
- My distant connections would be lost..I wouldn’t see their children grow, know which movies they saw, see the amount of whipped cream they have on their latte or hear about the snake that scared them in the backyard..
- Sit by the fire circle every evening, right? Hard to imagine..
- Shocking, panic! It would be much more difficult to get my message out there!
- But more privacy and I would have to work harder to stay in contact with friends and contacts..
- Most likely, everyone’s email boxes and text message systems would be overflowing..
- Probably a lot of great info missed out on, tons of inspiration & laughs..
- No one would know what to do with their free time 😉
- We would only have contact with those who TRULY mean something in our lives..
- A lot more books might be read by people..
- People might come on streets with their updated status and photos..Lol!
- Newspapers would rise from the ashes..
- PR people would get their lives back.. 🙂
- People would be forced to actually speak to each other face to face again..
- Ten steps backwards..
- A sad situation..
Above stated fun facts were just to scare the hell out of you..so just relax!!
Social media is not going anywhere in fact the good news is that it will continue to evolve, but I don’t see it disappearing. The genie is out of the bottle and won’t be put back. People asked the same question about the telephone and the World Wide Web, which led to improvements of both technologies.
But, if I’m wrong and social media dies? I’d partner with someone to build the next best thing.. 😉
I would love to listen / hear your thoughts as how you would perceive it? Please feel free to to tweet at @umairquraishi
Twitter has started to roll out its new redesign to fewer people and gradually it will roll out to public probably by coming week. New redesign is a little more fancier with new features and some say its almost look-like Facebook new design and to which I agree too. Micro-blogging website initially tested it in February, new features to include large headers, pinned & highlight tweets option as well as three column layout that has timeline view, rich media panel and mention & reply tab.
According to the official blog post announcement:
What’s new about the new you? The new web profile lets you use a larger profile photo, customize your header, show off your best Tweets and more. Here are main features:
Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
I must say that am already impressed with upcoming features and redesign despite of its resemblance with Facebook, much clearer showcase of profile information and followers list at left side, news feed in center and trends section at right side of the page gives it a proper social network look. The new design update and its features looks a lot more exciting than its previous layout with large size display picture, big header image which enables more ways to showcase brand’s/individual’s profiles.
According to the blog, it rolled out to few people and eventually it will be available to all twitter users. However, people who have just joined twitter will be able to see new design.
Are you impressed with the new twitter redesign and its features?
[Photo Credit: Mashable/Twitter]
Today on December 6th 2013, Google started to roll out much awaited PR updated and surprised everyone. Earlier this year Matt Cutts once asked by his follower regarding if there is any page rank update before 2014? he replied,“I would be surprised if that happened.” Considering his response all the web-masters around the globe had lost all hopes to see any update but Google amused everyone just before the end of the year.
Top SEO blogs also updated the same news in last months and were not expecting any such update, so its probably a Christmas surprise gift for web-masters. My blog also got an PR update, So its time to flow all the link juice.. 😉
For anyone who doesn’t know what page rank is and how it works and why it matters for web masters. It involves various factors to rank a website, its a ranking based mechanism starting from 1-10. The higher number, the higher rank. According to the experts. its mostly dependant upon high-quality links pointing to your domain/website, it helps to improve better page rank.
Have your blog/website got an PR update? In case Google missed updating your page rank. Kindly go through this video and learn how to earn page rank update for your website/domain: