After the hashtags were added to Facebook two months ago. It was much expected that Facebook going to soon introduce “Trending Topic” section in the news feed just like we have in a twitter.
Facebook announced last week that they are testing “Trending Topics” section which will trend the most popular hashtags. It is much similar to twitter’s trends box which showcases popular #hashtags for years.
A Facebook spokeswoman confirmed the test to the Journal, saying:
We are running a small test of a unit on News Feed. Right now, it is only available to a small percentage of U.S. users, and it is still in the early stages of development.
Trending hashtags on Twitter is a critical battleground. Any brand that tops the trend box has more advantages of reaching to its desired audiences. Many brands on Twitter have took advantage of this feature for years. Now it is yet to see how it will work on Facebook. Must be EXCITING!
Trending Topic inclusion will certainly boost Facebook hashtag feature and we may see increase in usage of #hashtags from brands on Facebook as well. It will Highlight trending topics in the upper right corner in a users’ newsfeed.
Like Twitter, It will reflect popular hashtags and topics that are generating alot of conversation on facebook and will trend on the basis of their popularity.
Latest posts by Umair Qureshi (see all)
- My 3 steps guide on Content Creation Process - February 17, 2016
- SEO Updates: Google Search Algorithm Changes, Then & Now! [Infographic] - January 28, 2016
- PART TWO: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 26, 2015
- A COMPLETE guide to Story Writing: How to attract customers in your niche? - October 25, 2015
- PART ONE: How to use Social Media Insights to your advantage? - October 9, 2015